Parallels 14.1.3 for mac, running on MacOS Catalina ?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BenB15, Oct 9, 2019.

1. BenB15

BenB15 Bit poster

Hello Everyone,

I have a permanent license for Parallels Desktop for Mac 14, upgraded to the latest 14.1.3 available on 14 version.
    I have no need to upgrade to version 15 and i already paid extra for the permanent license.
    At the same time i would like to upgrade my mac to Catalina.
    Question is, will my Parallels Desktop version 14 continue to work on Catalina ? Are there any issues known, etc ?
    To mention that i don't use coherence and other integration but i do need to have shared folders between host and guest, and i still need the low resource and performance of Parallels Desktop that i've come to expect.
    I have seen a known issue list published of Parallels Desktop version 15 on Catalina, but not on Parallels Desktop 14 running on Catalina.
    Appreciate any feedback before i upgrade to Catalina.

Thanks

2. MattB13

MattB13 Bit poster

Only issues on my end - virtual machine of Win10 won't even load. Neat.

3. JivanL

JivanL Bit poster

I have been using parallel with windows 10 , it does work. VM might be little slow otherwise no issues.

4. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@JivanL Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac is fully compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina and supports new Mac OS features. Older Parallels Desktop versions only partially support working on macOS Catalina due to technical reasons may experience the issues below depending on the configuration. Please refer the article to know about Parallels Desktop and macOS compatibility.