BSOD (SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_FAILURE) after resuming Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Danny_Scheelings, May 25, 2020.

1. Danny_Scheelings

Danny_Scheelings Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm working every day in my Windows 10 VM with the latest version of Parallels (currently 15.1.4) with an updated MacOS Catalina (10.15.4). When I stop working I Pause the VM and in the morning I resume the VM. Every 2 or 3 days I get a BSOD, mostly with the error SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_FAILURE.
    Does anybody know if there is a fix for this error?

Thx,|
    Danny

2. Hello, could you please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

3. Danny_Scheelings

Hi Maria@Parallels, I just got the BSOD again. While Windows was collecting the error data, I created the tech report with ID 341728838.
    Can you check this for me?
    Thx,
    Danny

4. Danny_Scheelings

Hi @Maria@Parallels , I just got the BSOD again, after a reboot of my MacOS. The report id is 342027417.

5. Danny_Scheelings

Yesterday I paused my Windows VM and today, when I wanted to resume the VM again, I got the message "The Mac or Windos 10 configuration has been changed since Windows 10 was suspended. You can restart Windows 10 to use it now, but all unsaved data will be lost".
    Can this behaviour maybe cause the BSOD's?

6. Danny_Scheelings

7. Danny_Scheelings

Hi @Maria@Parallels , yes I checked this, but this does not help me. I assume this problem is related to Parallels in combination with Windows 10, so maybe Parallels is causing the watchdog expiration?

8. Look, I've also found thread and there this issue has been solved.
    Please check and try.