Windows is not activated (trial period)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Charlie Brown, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Bit poster

Hello,

I just downloaded the app, and I'm in the trial period, but in the Settings the system shows "Windows is not activated" even though I see a Product Key below. If I try to click on "Activate Windows" I get the error "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213". Is that expected? I mean, do I get a "good" license key after purchasing Parallels, or should this version already correctly activate? I've followed the steps indicated in https://kb.parallels.com/en/114051, but it doesn't activate Windows for me.

Thanks in advance.

2. ParkunanD@Parallels

ParkunanD@Parallels Member

Hello @Charlie Brown, Please be informed you that, Parallels Desktop does not included Windows 10 Product key. Given at: https://kb.parallels.com/9003 Please confirm, you have made Windows product key purchased from Microsoft/retail shot, still you get the error.

3. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Bit poster

Hi. No, I don't have a Windows key. I thought that purchasing a license key for Parallels Desktop would grant you access to a licensed copy of Windows. Thanks for your reply.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

No, you will not get a Windows key with Parallels Desktop purchase. You can use unactivated version of Windows as long as Microsoft allows but if you need a genuine version you have to buy Windows separately.

5. RobM21

RobM21 Bit poster

Hi I accidentally purchased a usb stick instead of downloading just the product key. It's about a week out(I assume windows key comes with the usb key). Do you think I'll have no issues to use Parellels for a week while I wait for the key?