MS Office 2019 Home and Student install for Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MargaretM1, Jun 5, 2020.

1. MargaretM1

MargaretM1 Junior Member

Hi,
    I am a new user and have installed Windows 10. I now want to install a version of MS Office and have chosen 2019 Home and Student, a standalone version which can be installed under Windows or Mac.
    It looks as if it downloaded itself to the Mac side. But I want to download it under Windows. My translation clients have specific formatting requirements and in the past, Word for Mac has had some differences.
    I have not signed in to it. I could remove it altogether. I get a message that I may only use it on one device. That's clear, but can I move it to Windows, or do I have to phone Microsoft?
    Or are the two versions now identical?

And is it possible to turn off this spellchecker?
    Thanks in advance.

2. pmconaway

pmconaway Member

Margaret, Since you haven't installed it (office) here is what I would do. Launch your Windows VM and then log in to your Microsoft account and go to the downloads section and it should present the Windows versions. You should be able to download multiple OS versions as long as you only activate it on one OS.

Paul

3. MargaretM1

MargaretM1 Junior Member

Thanks very much, Paul. I had to start Edge and then it downloaded correctly under Windows.

Margaret

pmconaway likes this.