MacBook Pro 16" unable to import Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MicheleZanoni, Dec 10, 2019.

1. MicheleZanoni

MicheleZanoni Bit poster

Hi, I tried some times to import bootcamp partition in order to create a virtual machine, but installation assistant shows me 76 Mb only. The vm was created, but fail at start. Is there a way to solve it and to create a fully functional vm? I tried the same process on an iMac 27 and all was done perfectly.

Thank you in advance, Michele

Attached Files:

Joost2 likes this.
  2. Hi, did you get any error message after starting your BootCAmp based vm?

3. MicheleZanoni

MicheleZanoni Bit poster

Hi Maria, nothing, the bootcamp based vm works well. After the last night Catalina update the issue remain the same. Have a nice day, M.

4. Donald_Berndt

Donald_Berndt Bit poster

I am having the same issue, followed the KB article, created the Bootcamp VM which runs with no problems at all, but when I try to import the VM it is only see 122megs to import out of the 95 gig bootcamp partition.

Parallels Pro Edition Version 15.1.2 (47123)
    Windows 10 VM Version 1909 64Bit

5. MicheleZanoni

MicheleZanoni Bit poster

6. MicheleZanoni

MicheleZanoni Bit poster

Hi Maria, the trouble remain after the paralles and catalina updates. My bootcamp works well, the bootcamp VM works, but if I try to import the Bootcamp to a VM (necessary to have a backup) shows only 80 Mb. The process end and make the Imported Win 10. If I try to start you can see in the attached picts the message. Any help to solve this issue? PS: I tried to check disk by terminal but nothing at all. Thank you in advance and have a nice day, M.

Attached Files:

7. Are you using the latest version of Parallels Desktop 15? 15.1.3?
    Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

8. PaulP21

PaulP21 Bit poster

I have this exact same issue only the import bootcamp dialog box says my entire virtual machine is only 54 MB. It's supposed to be around 150 GB.

Thanks

9. PaulP21

PaulP21 Bit poster

Here is my report id.

10. Thanks a lot for the provided information. We will investigate the issue further and involve the Parallels Engineering team if necessary.

11. Jannik

Jannik Bit poster

Have the same problem. Someone has a solution?

12. ShaunS3

ShaunS3 Bit poster

Any update on this as it the same problem I am having!! Would be great to have a fix as I wanted to get rid of the bootcamp but can't :-(

13. Hello, could you please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.
    Also the screenshot of the issue will be very helpful.

14. Krzys

Krzys Bit poster

The same problem: MacBook Air 2019, MacOS 10.15.4, Windows 10 Pro, Parallels 15.1.4 (47270). Import tool claims that only 52,9 MB will be imported, the Boot Camp partition is about 40GB.

15. CybearMM

CybearMM Bit poster

Same issue here, when I attempt to import bootcamp partition in order to create a virtual machine, installation assistant shows me 59.9 Mb size. The vm is created, but fails ti start. in vm it states required device is not connected.

Technical report 340278837

Attached Files:

16. MartinE10

MartinE10 Bit poster

Exactly the same issue here. I've uploaded it as technical report 342615919.

17. jamesa12

jamesa12 Bit poster

I recently upgraded to Parallels 16 and have the same issue. Technical report ID 347244586
    Several days ago I also emailed Parallels Support with a description of the issue including screenshots however have not received any response. Ticket ID 347244586

Attached Files:

18. AramP1

AramP1 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem. I contacted support 2020-02-19 this is my support ticket id 2711794 my ticket status Solution Provided. There is no solution. One of the engineers connected my computer they investigated the issue on my computer. they download logs from my computer there is no any solution and my ticket status is "Solution Provided" I don't know what solution the provided for me. Yesterday I installed the new version of the application Version 16.0.0 (48916) it has still the same problem The application is a waste of money and waste of time.

19. NickesionN

NickesionN Bit poster

Hi folks, We're glad to illuminate you that Parallels Desktop 16 is at long last here. If it's not too much trouble introduce, test and check. Offer with us your outcomes...

20. MICHELB4

MICHELB4 Bit poster

quelqu'un a-t-il trouvé la solution? C'est franchement un problème de ne pas pouvoir sauvegarder cette partition Windows. Je trouve un peu honteux de la part de Parallèle de mettre un outil buggy sur le marché. Quand j'achète un logiciel, je demande qu'il soit opérationnel, surtout à ce prix.
    upload_2020-9-1_22-11-21.png

Attached Files: