Drag and Drop between guest VMs

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by KimR3, Jun 12, 2020.

1. KimR3

KimR3 Junior Member

Can you Drag and drop between two guest VMs? It doesn't seem to allow it. I have tools installed on both VMs.

2. KimR3

KimR3 Junior Member

30 views and no response from parallels? Not good customer service.

3. KimR3

KimR3 Junior Member

56 replies and still nothing from Parallels.

4. KimR3

KimR3 Junior Member

I meant views

5. KimR3

KimR3 Junior Member

75 Views now and no reply...... sad level of service honestly. What did I pay for?

6. KimR3

KimR3 Junior Member

JUst an FYI since they haven't answered here. I called and was told that Drag and drop between MAC OSX VMs doesn't work NOR can you drag and drop back to the HOST!!!! This is literally garbage.!!! Frankly the things Parallels does that virtual box does get's smaller by the day as you find things like this out. ALSO BTW you should know that your MAC OSX Guest VMs are NOT full function macs. They are macs running in "safe Mode" Basically you bought software that is crippled. Nowhere in any of the presale documentation does it state that MAC VMs are stripped down crippled versions. This renders them literally useless for any serious applications of any kind. Think Final Cut doesn't work. Logic doesn't work. Anything that is a real business application doesn't work. 3D graphic acceleration doesn't work. Makes me wonder what exactly I paid for? To still be a beta tester for things that didn't work6 years ago either? Completely ridiculous.

7. KimR3

KimR3 Junior Member

WOW No reply after many days. What do the rest of you think about finding out that Mac Guest OS's are not full featured? That they run in safe mode without graphic accelerations? I feel this reduces Parallels to being a paid version of Virtual Box. I moved to parallels because their marketing and website said they supported Mac OS Guests. They make no mention of only in safe mode. This is simply bait and switch fraud.

8. KimR3

KimR3 Junior Member

3 weeks later and still not a peep from parallels support! Really pathetic.