Clipboard sharing broken with OSX Mojave host / Ubuntu 18.04 guest

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by RafalB, Jan 5, 2020.

1. RafalB

RafalB Bit poster

I'm running Parallels 15 and have reinstalled the latest parallels tools software in the guest (15.1.2.47123).

I am *not* running X, nor do I intend to... I just want a dev system I can access via the console / CLI.

However, I don't think it's too much to ask to cut-and-paste between the guest and the host.

Currently, I cannot select text in the Ubuntu console (never mind copy it), and when I try to paste text *into* Ubuntu, all I get is a '^V' pasted into the console.

Should this really be that difficult?

2. GowthamR@Parallels

GowthamR@Parallels Member

Hi, please change the keyboard settings into "don't optimize for games"( on virtual machine configuration > Hardware > Mouse and keyboard > Keyboard > "don't optimize for games") and check In PD Preferences > Shortcuts enable the needed shortcut(cmd + V).

3. RafalB

RafalB Bit poster

Both those settings were already set to "Don't optimize for games" and the Command-V shortcut was enabled and mapped to Control-V on Linux.

4. RafalB

RafalB Bit poster

....using the Command-V shortcut just sends a Control-V to the console, instead of pasting any data to the guest.

5. FedericoR1

FedericoR1 Bit poster

Same problem here, it's disappointing, fortunately you can connect with ssh

6. TrustedComputer

TrustedComputer Member

Is copy/paste ever possible in a tty console?