macOS Big Sur and Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by IvanD@Parallels, Jun 22, 2020.

1. BradleyR2

BradleyR2 Bit poster

Has anyone been having an issue with windows 10 in Big Sur where the vm shuts off after an update seems to occur, then right after login the vm shuts off? started today, and I can only replicate it with windows 10. it happens after an update applies (could be a new update) and I know this because I had the vm backed up and it starts up, then applies some update then after restart it performs this unexpected behavior.

2. prenez

prenez Member

Here's a movie. The endless login cycle that you never, ever, ever get past.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aicfrwl9at6fumc/Capto_Capture 2020-06-27_03-37-03_PM.mp4?dl=0

3. prenez

prenez Member

4. ChristopherG1

ChristopherG1 Bit poster

I have the same issue. Unable to login after installation.

5. prenez

prenez Member

Nothing worked. Tried no password on the admin account. Tried not logging in to iCloud. Turns out all the suggestions were red herrings, and for me, worthless. I have a non-working beta in Parallels with a login screen that that spins, blacks out, back to login screen; spins, blacks out, login screen. Boom. Boom. Boom.

It just doesn't work.

ChrisH29 and eliotw like this.
  6. gcj

gcj Bit poster

I am experiencing big problem in both Windows 7 and XP clients on my macbook pro using big sur. 1 2 and t y does not working makes me difficult to log onto any online payment clients(which I can only access in windows).
    Would you please make a quick fix for it, thanks.

7. AshutoshH

AshutoshH Bit poster

I got message from SUpport to add the missing keys into Shortcuts for respective VM under options.

Attached Files:

8. AshutoshH

AshutoshH Bit poster

Configure missing keys as Shortcut within Parallels Preferences...

Attached Files:

9. AshutoshH

AshutoshH Bit poster

How did you install parallels desktop 16 build 48516, i am still not able to get installed for it? FYI, i am paid user of 15.

10. MichaelM92

MichaelM92 Member

Install WITHOUT setting up Apple ID/iCloud. This will workaround that issue. Of course, you won't have access to App Store or any iCloud service, except through the browser.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  11. Thank you for sharing this information with us. We will involve Parallels Engineering Team in this case and contact you once we get any updates.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

JuanV4 likes this.
  12. Hello,
    please try the following:
    From the menu bar click Parallels Desktop icon (II) > Preferences > Shortcuts, then select the VM in question and click the plus button to create the corresponding shortcut for the necessary symbol. Repeat for each symbol that cannot be typed.
    Please share any results with us.

13. Hello, Parallels Engineering team are working on the resolution. Once and update or workaround will be available we will let you know.

14. Hello, please try the following:
    From the menu bar click Parallels Desktop icon (II) > Preferences > Shortcuts, then select the VM in question and click the plus button to create the corresponding shortcut for the necessary symbol. Repeat for each symbol that cannot be typed.

15. Hello,
    could you please collect a tech report data once the issue reproduced and post your report's ID here?
    Looking forward to your reply.

16. Hello,
    Thanks a lot for the provided information. We will escalate this issue to the Parallels Engineering Team for the further investigation.

17. Hello,
    please try the following steps:

18. Hi,
    we please check and try the following workaround:

19. Hello, it's a know issue and Parallels Engineering Team are currently working on the resolution.
    Thanks you for your time.

20. KaiwenZ

KaiwenZ Bit poster

I have a similar issue on my MBP2018. "1" and "2" don't work in any VMs. I have tried Windows10, Ubuntu and Mint and even reinstalled Big Sur but the problem is still there.