Missing keystrokes

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by htmanning, Jun 19, 2020.

1. htmanning

htmanning Member

In every linux distro I have installed in Parallels, I get missing keystrokes regularly. I can't even type "sudo" without having to retype it because it reads "sdo" and I'm not mistyping it. There seems to be too much latency or something going on. Any ideas? It happens on 3 different Macs all running Mojave with various versions of Parallels.

2. Abishek

Abishek Member

Hello @htmanning Are they running the same Linux, please help us with the name of the Linux VM and its version along with its kernel and respective Parallels Desktop version to assist further.

3. htmanning

htmanning Member

I've noticed that I consistently miss any character that comes after an "s". For example, typing sudo comes out as sdo. But even typing a paragraph in a text file doesn't work. If there is a word that ends in s and the next keystroke is a space, the computer misses the space and runs everything together.

This happens in Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 16.04, 18.04, Debian 9, Lubuntu, and Mint. Any flavor of Linux installed on Parallels 14. This also happened in Parallels 11 and on multiple Macs.

4. maryan

maryan Bit poster

Having similar issue with guest Ubuntu 20.04 in Parallels 17 Pro (trial)
    For example typing and multiple times in any text input results in: and an an an an
    In the example above d keystroke gets consumed but not displayed unless double pressed.
    Makes me hesitate going with Parallels...