Corrupt vm?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Sam33, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

Dear follow Parallels users,

i've had some serious trouble with the Windows 10VM for a couple of weeks. I'm running parallels 14.1.3 home edition With Windows10pro. After a while my host started some strange behavior. it started to get stuck at the spinning boot section. Keeps running chkdsk. And won't be able to acces my Windows at all, all the repair options fails. And it kept being in a loop: 'checkdisks on error' 'revert changes' I've tried chkdsk with no result! Please see the screenshot of CMD below upload_2020-6-7_11-42-45.png upload_2020-6-7_11-49-42.png
    Also; prl_disk_tool check --hdd: ends up in nothing it's reaches 100% in a matter of a second...
    i had a complete backup of my vm, tried to restore it, and it was ok for a couple of days but after that the same issue appeared! I'm suspecting an Windows update error or my parallels just ruins everything... Please I'm an data information student, who needs to acces his SQL server... And visual studio.

I'm running macOS 15.15.5, on a MacBook Pro 16'' 32GB 1TB. Please see the thumbnails below for the errors and support on this message. upload_2020-6-7_11-56-47.png

2. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

Even with my Time Machine backup from December! and May I've still got this problem, it's getting corrupted every time.... Anyone can give me some support

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try installing Parallels Desktop 15 trial and check.

Sam33 likes this.
  4. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

I've upgraded it to Desktop 15 pro.. Same issue can't upgrade or change my hdd or even use my Windows envoirment I need this for my Microsoft certification guys....

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If the file system is corrupted we can't fix it. It will be better if you create a new Windows VM and use it.

Sam33 likes this.
  6. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

its not the filesystem it's the issue with the vmdisk I can acces windows fortunately, but I can't change the disk size

7. Hello, did you check this KB article?