Windows stuck in recovery mode..

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Sam33, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

Dear follow Parallels users,

i've had some serious trouble with the Windows 10VM for a couple of weeks. I'm running parallels 14.1.3 home edition With Windows10 pro. After a while my host started some strange behavior. it started to get stuck at the spinning boot section. Keeps running chkdsk. And won't be able to acces my Windows at all, all the repair options fails. And it kept being in a loop: 'checkdisks on error' 'revert changes' I've tried chkdsk with no result! Please see the screenshot of CMD below[​IMG][​IMG]
    Also; prl_disk_tool check --hdd: ends up in nothing it's reaches 100% in a matter of a second...
    i had a complete backup of my vm, tried to restore it, and it was ok for a couple of days but after that the same issue appeared! I'm suspecting an Windows update error or my parallels just ruins everything... Please I'm an data information student, who needs to acces his SQL server... And visual studio.

I'm running macOS 15.15.5, on a MacBook Pro 16'' 32GB 1TB. Please see the thumbnails below for the errors and support on this message. [​IMG]

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try installing Parallels Desktop 15 trial and check.

Sam33 likes this.
  3. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

Sorry for any delay! I will try to upgrade it to 15 pro.. for 50Euro.. I hope it will be worth it.. All my files are in there for my MCSA exam

4. Hello, does the issue still actual?

Sam33 likes this.
  5. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

I've spend 50euro's for nothing... Same issue Can't resize my vm hdd it's still says my HDD needs to be repaired I've bought the pro version to get support. So please I'm requesting from the bottom of my hart help me out here...

6. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

Still no response on my issue's.. And problems after I've upgraded my parallels from 14 to 15 pro...

7. Did you check this KB article?

8. Sam33

Sam33 Junior Member

the Directory does not contain any virtual hard disk images. Specify another directory and try again.... Which is nonsense cause my vm file is over 80GB with vmdk. is it possible that I can open a ticket?

9. Sure, please check this blog article for more info about submitting a ticket.