Disconnected session - apps published from RAS stop working

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by JosephC11, Jul 1, 2020.

1. JosephC11

JosephC11 Bit poster

Hello! We have been using Parallels for about a year now and transitioned our entire company to remote work when COVID struck. It has worked really well for us. There is one issue that I have been struggling with. Occasionally, a user will get disconnected from their Parallels session. We think it could be an ISP issue or something else out of our control. When these users reconnect, they cannot launch any published application that is published from / hosted on the RAS server. We have one server that holds the RAS role and there are also applications published from it, as it has Terminal Services role enabled. Applications published from other servers are able to launch with no issue. The problem persists until I RDP to the RAS server, go to Windows Users and log off the affected user session.
    As troubleshooting I had an affected user use the "Log off all sessions" option from the Parallels client, but in Windows that only disconnects their RDP session. I then have to log if off completely. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If it is a bad idea to publish applications from the RAS server itself I am open to moving them off to a different server.

2. JosephC11

JosephC11 Bit poster

Sorry I wanted to clarify, the RAS server I referred to is the Gateway.

3. jpc

jpc Pro

4. JosephC11

JosephC11 Bit poster

Thank you!!! Yes I am on an older version so I will update. Thanks again!