Downloading fonts in IOS and reading them in Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by CherylSewing, Aug 29, 2019.

1. CherylSewing

CherylSewing Bit poster

I like to always use the internet on the Mac side of my computer, but I want to be able to access the information in Windows, when I need the information there. I recently download some fonts and installed them and they show up when I'm using the Mac, but they do not show up in my Windows font list. How can I get them to be available to me in both places? I have some fonts that are not standard on the computer when I purchased it that I've downloaded and installed. They should be available in specific programs that are only Windows compatible but they don't appear. I have shut down Windows, Parallels and the Apple and rebooted the computer. What am I not doing correctly.

Cheryl

2. Hi Cheryl,
    did you install fonts on the Mac side only?

3. CherylSewing

CherylSewing Bit poster

Yes, I did install them on the Mac and then checked and it was in the "Fonts". Today, I also downloaded the one font in Windows, however, I thought that all this could be shared with just one download - am I wrong to think that.

I do have Parallels Tools installed, but I'm not sure how to use it. Where can I find out what needs to be learned to make it a useful item to have.

Thanks
    Cheryl

4. NomiC

NomiC Bit poster

Hi! Did you ever find an answer? I am now running into the same issue. I need to download a font, I have it installed on my Mac side but unsure how to get on on my windows side. Would be great if you can share what you learned! thanks :)

5. Hi CherylSewing. Please be informed that only Files and Folders are shared between the Mac and Windows. Installing a Font on the Mac side will not reflect on the Windows because both the formats are different. Please refer to this Microsoft article to add/remove a font from Windows 10.