Parallels uncontrollably taking disk space! Help!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnH53, Jul 3, 2020.

1. JohnH53

JohnH53 Bit poster

My parallels continues to use more and more disk space even though I haven't saved anything to windows. I have looked for snapshots but can't find any. I have also reclaimed some space, but parallels quickly took the space back. When windows runs, it continues to use more and more of the space I have freed up in order to run programs. Please help I am not sure what to do and my computer continue to not be able to operate when parallels uses all the space I have left. It current uses 116 GB of 250GB. When I first downloaded it, it was around 35 GB. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. JohnH53

JohnH53 Bit poster

This is what is displayed in "Windows 10" Configuration

Attached Files:

3. Hello,
    did you try to go to Windows Settings > System > Storage > Free up space now?

JohnH53 likes this.
  4. JohnH53

JohnH53 Bit poster

I was able to clear a lot of storage, but it is still showing as space used on the parallels used space rather than free space on the Mac hard drive. How do I fix this?

5. Just one another question: Are you enable detailed logging?
    Did you remove logs files?

6. JohnH53

JohnH53 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    Where do I change my detailed logging settings, and where do I find log files/ how do I remove them?

7. Please check this KB article for more information.