Timed Out - Volume Ejected

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PigsOnTheWing, Oct 20, 2007.

1. majpix

majpix Bit poster

Me Too!

Since Leopard, I also have the same issues. Hopefully, as registered users, we'll be emailed with an update...

2. richard.vanhook

richard.vanhook Bit poster

Updated version of MacFuse does not help

Hi, since installing Leopard, I'm also experiencing the same drive timeout issue described in previous posts and installing the latest version of MacFuse did NOT resolve the issue. Another issue which is annoying but not as important is my windows start menu disappears soon after windows boots up. Not a show stopper since I can bring up the start menu in other ways and ALT-TAB still works.

Here is what I'm running:
    PD: Build 5160

Hope you guys (or gals) at Parallels are working on an update for this.... So much for being bleeding edge on OS X!

3. badsandwich

badsandwich Member

since my previous post, I have installed the latest macfuse (1.0 for 10.5) and also upgraded to the beta version. I'm happy to report that the windows disk mounts correctly on the desktop now, i can access the files no problem. however, i still have issues with the .mac on .psf shared folder from within windows

4. badsandwich

badsandwich Member

i should clarify that the .psf share does eventually work, it just takes a very long time (around 20-30 minutes) to display in the explorer

5. etaylor3971

etaylor3971 Bit poster

after macfuse update...

...my drives mounted. I did not have to reinstall or install the Beta.

I installed the new macfuse version, rebooted and everything worked.

If only I could get my Apple Wireless mouse to work consistently under Leopard... sigh.

6. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Dear all, please look at the list of the known issues and workarounds for the current builds of Parallels Desktop with Leopard.

richard.vanhook, please check in Finder Preferences if Connected servers are ticked out.

Best regards,
    Xenos

7. majpix

majpix Bit poster

Finder Preferences?

Does this mean to make sure the BOX IS checked?
    Thanks

8. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Yes, make sure the box is checked, please.

Best regards,
    Xenos

9. efxmaster

efxmaster Bit poster

Hello all. I am running Paralells Build 5160. I was running it on Tiger 4.10 with no issues. Since upgrading to Leopard, this is the only error I've been having. Upgrading to MacFuse for Leopard (http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/downloads/list) did fix my issue.

As soon as I did it, the Windows C drive on my desktop icon changed back to the normal Mac HD icon with the Parallels icon on it as well, instead of a weird blue Internet type HD icon. Also fixed my problem of having two Parallel's C drives and either one or both not working.

Also, MacFuse seems to speed up the boot process of Parallels.

No re-installation or reconfiguration of Parallels was necessary.

Thanks for the tip and I thought I would share the experience.