Completing Installation Issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SJL, Oct 26, 2019.

1. SJL

SJL Bit poster

I downloaded 15, ran the installer, and my Mac restarted to complete the installation process. However, it keeps telling me to restart the mac to finish the process. I have done so three times and finally quit. I did not see any threads on this issue. Any ideas what to do? TIA.

2. JonathanF6

JonathanF6 Bit poster

I'm seeing the same issue. Running macOS Catalina (10.15) on a MacBook Pro with Parallels Version 15.1.0 (47107). When opening parallels a dialog saying "To complete Parallels Desktop setup, please restart your Mac." appears. After restarting and opening Parallels, the same dialog appears, seemingly infinitely. Any advice would be appreciated

Attached Files:

3. Hi. Please execute the following command in Terminal, restart Mac and start Parallels Desktop afterwards (do not reinstall, just start):

sudo kextcache --clear-staging

4. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

I did not see any threads on this issue. Any ideas what to do? TIA.

5. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

I downloaded 15, ran the installer, and my Mac restarted to complete the installation process. However, it keeps telling me to restart the mac to finish the process. I have done so three times and finally quit. I did not see any threads on this issue. Any ideas what to do? TIA.

Williamd11 likes this.
  6. SJL

SJL Bit poster

Parallels Support advise me to do the following. First, allow full disk access in Privacy/Security under Settings. That did not work. They then instructed me to use the Terminal Command noted above in post #3. It worked the second time I tried it. For whatever reason, I got to my Windows log in screen, entered my password, but Parallels was hung up for a while (black screen) before shutting down and logging me out of mac. I logged back in, started up Parallels and it took a minute, but it finally loaded, updated, and got working. Good luck.

7. RafalZ1

RafalZ1 Bit poster

I'm struggling with the very same problem. On top of that when trying to do sudo kextcache --clear-staging in Terminal I get "sudo: kextcache: command not found" what I'd assume means it doesn't work for some reason (and yes, restarting Mac and PD doesn't do anything to move the matters forward).

Williamd11 likes this.
  8. LindseyG

LindseyG Bit poster

I'm seeing the same issue. Running macOS Catalina (10.15) on a MacBook Pro with Parallels Version 15.1.0 (47107). When opening parallels a dialog saying "To complete Parallels Desktop setup, please restart your Mac." appears. After restarting and opening Parallels, the same dialog appears, seemingly infinitely. Any advice would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019
    SahrD and Williamd11 like this.
  9. Williamd11

Williamd11 Bit poster

Same issue here, but no advice from Parallels yet...

10. Williamd11

Williamd11 Bit poster

Dear Sathiya, I've tried this a few times, but no succes yet. Do you have any other advice? Like this my subscription is worthless...

ToddM4 likes this.
  11. ToddM4

ToddM4 Bit poster

same boat... I've tried all solutions I've found on the net so far including reinstalling os ... nothing is working! MacOs 10.15

12. BruceH9

BruceH9 Bit poster

This fix worked for me when I had this problem after restoring from backup on MacOS Catalina 10.15.3/Parallels 15.1.2

13. BigPecan

BigPecan Bit poster

I tried the suggested fix (sudo kextcache --clear-staging) but I am still unable to get parallels to start. I am trying Parallelst 15.1.4-47270 on MacOS Big Sur.
    Any help is appreciated

TommyW1 likes this.
  14. Hello, what kind of error message did you get on the startup?
    Also please check this KB article for more information about the know issues with Parallels Desktop and the Big Sur.

15. BigPecan

BigPecan Bit poster

I am seeing the "To Complete Parallels Desktop Setup, please restart your Mac." message. I have, as I said above , tried running kextcache but that has not corrected the issue.

16. WilliamM18

WilliamM18 Bit poster

I was also facing the same issue. However restarting helped but the problem is that now my cimab-sa.com is not loading properly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2020
  17. MarthaN

MarthaN Bit poster

Run MacOS Catalina (10.15) on MacBook Pro with parallel version 15.1.0 (47107). When opened in parallel, you will see a dialog box that says, "Restart your Mac, to complete the installation of the parallel desktop." Voice. When parallel resumes and opens, the dialog itself appears to be limitless. Any advice would be appreciated

18. Parallels Engineering Team works on the resolution. Please subscribe on the KB article to receive all updates.

19. Hi, could you please reproduce the issue and then collect the tech report data.
    Please post the report's ID here.

20. TommyW1

TommyW1 Bit poster

I get the same today on Beta 3. Beta 1 & 2 works but not the new one. Message: "parallels cannot be started because some of the required components are missing from the operating system of your Mac"