Parallels fails to launch after BigSur Beta 3 host upgrade

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GrayMatter, Jul 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

I updaded my laptop to BigSur developer beta 3 last night and now Parallels fails to launch with the error below. I've tried deleting and reinstalling, but the installer gives the same error. And the "Check this solution" link is a joke. It links to the KB home page and not to a specific article.

Anyone else experienced this yet?

parallels-error.png

2. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

Found the KB article regarding this was updated yesterday... https://kb.parallels.com/125039

Install Parallels Desktop from App Store (applicable only to subscription owners only):
    1. Remove the existing Parallels Desktop application file from the /Application folder.
    2. Install Parallels Desktop from App Store
    3. Activate the product by clicking I have Subscription button and select your subscription from the list.
    4. Click Open... button in the Installation Assistant window to locate your virtual machine (by default virtual machines are stored in Documents or Home folder/Parallels folders). KB 117333 will help to locate your virtual machine.

3. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

Apparently that doesn't work either. My Windows 10 VM won't boot and sits at 100% CPU. Lack of bridged networking is surprising in the App Store version.
    Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 09.47.09.911.png

4. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

RobD9 likes this.
  5. Hello guys,
    This is a known issue and Parallels Engineering Team are currently working on the resolution.
    As a possible workaround you can install Parallels Desktop for Mac App Store Edition and check the issue.

6. RobD9

RobD9 Bit poster

This has worked for me - previous article I found had systemversioncompat without underscores. Adding to bash profile did t work but made a launching .command file that sets this before calling Desktop with -a

7. BigPecan

BigPecan Bit poster

Does anyone know if 16 corrects this?

8. RobD9

RobD9 Bit poster

16 opens fine in latest Big Sur developer here where workaround previously required.

9. ThalayT1

ThalayT1 Bit poster

ถึงแม้ว่าจะได้เจ้านี่มาแต่ ตัวโปรแกรมก้ยังคงถามหา Activation key อยู่ดี