Parallels - macOS Big Sur

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MarceloE2, Jul 24, 2020.

1. MarceloE2

MarceloE2 Bit poster

Parallels 15.1.4-47270 I can't install on Bi Sur. I installed Parallels Desktop from the Apple Store. The installation worked. The problem is when I try to open the existing vm:

"It is not possible to apply restrictions in the filesystem to the virtual machine configuration."

Can anyone help me to run the existing Windows VM?

Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

2. CHrisTheBiPolarBear

CHrisTheBiPolarBear Junior Member

installed from App Store but can't configure new or existing VM's just get this program is not responding

MisutaaUrufu likes this.
  3. davide27

davide27 Bit poster

at the moment this is a workaround
    open terminal:
    export SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=1
    open -a Parallels\ Desktop

there are a lot of functionts that don't work, but, at least, window vm start

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. ralphm2702

ralphm2702 Bit poster

I've a problem too.
    Installing from AppStore - login with my data.
    Can't see my abos. I got an error because of "no internet connection"...
    firewall is off.

5. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

I wouldn't use the app store version. It won't work if you're trying to launch a VM that had been used in Pro. The App Store version is the new "Lite" version and has even more limitations than the standard version. Use terminal to run the installer from PD website. It will install and then give you the error that Parallels can't launch. Reboot your Mac then use terminal to launch PD.

https://forum.parallels.com/threads...igsur-beta-3-host-upgrade.350417/#post-870171

6. Killerbob

Killerbob Member

This is a bit BS... None of the version s currently work in Big Sur if your VM is in BootCamp. The App Store doesn't work with BootCamp, and the normally installed version does not work with Big Sur Beta 3. What the hell happened - it was working fine in Beta 2...

7. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member

Unfortunately, I do not have enough room on my laptop to try PD with BootCamp. There two items that stand out to me in the beta 3 release notes that can explain the issues we are seeing with PD. Beta 2 was still reporting as OSX 10.16, beta 3 now reports as OSX11.0. The first one where PD responds that we are not running OSX is due to poor programming on Parallels side where they don't recognise that 11.0 is a valid OSX version.

8. ralphm2702

ralphm2702 Bit poster

9. DamasoE

DamasoE Bit poster

Hay solución de Parallels, con respecto al Big Sur. No me funciona:(:(:(:(

10. Hello, please provide us with the detailed issue description.