Importing bootcamp from old Mac to become a Virtual Machine in a new Mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by remotecontroller, Mar 17, 2020.

1. remotecontroller

remotecontroller Member

Hi, this article shows how to move the bootcamp partition from old machine to a new one via an external drive.

https://kb.parallels.com/113658

I have done the steps to import Windows 7 Bootcamp to an external drive. However, I want this to be a Virtual Machine of the new Mac because I already installed Windows 10 as a Bootcamp partition in the new Mac. Can you please show me steps on how to do it?

2. Hi, do you want to move your VM from external drive to Mac? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. bvRobert

bvRobert Bit poster

In my case, this article can´t help me .My boothcamp ssd is already external connected to my imac.Paralles can´t see it to import

4. Hi, could you provide us with the more details issue description?

5. bvRobert

bvRobert Bit poster

Thanks Maria for reply.
    I will try to explain better my case .
    * i have my old bootcamp with windows on ssd connected to my new imac
    * i bought Parallels bcs I read in forums will be possible to attach your old bootcamp from old computer in parallels.
    * mention: my old Imac with macos is dead. SSD with BOOTCAMP is on another ssd which i took it from that imac and is externally connected to my new imac through usb ,external
    How can i attach and run bootcamp with windows in Parallels ? Some steps like for beginners please

6. bvRobert

bvRobert Bit poster

Somebody from Paralles or somebody who was in same situation can help please ?

7. bvRobert

bvRobert Bit poster

If i knew support for parallels is so bad i never bought it!!! :(