Snap windows to sides of the screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by JoshuaF1, Nov 13, 2016.

1. JoshuaF1

JoshuaF1 Bit poster

(like in Windows)

PhilippM4, ColbyR, utku1 and 7 others like this.
  2. YehudaI

YehudaI Bit poster

This is great. Meanwhile, I can suggest to you an app I use which is doing a perfect job - called Magnet, it's only $1 in the Apple app store, and it works even better than in windows.

3. georgengan

georgengan Bit poster

Add utilities similar to Moom for macOS, which can snap windows to different portion of the screen (e.g. a grid of 8 x 6 squares). However utility likes Moom cannot be used for win10 windows under PD. So it would be wondeful to add this feature to windows running under PD. These days our screen size is getting larger!
    Thanks for listening

4. RogierWeenen

RogierWeenen Bit poster

Here on my Mac it can get a bit busy on my desktop with all kinds of windows in view. I would love to have a function that sizes the active window to a fixed, pre-defined size.

5. ThibaultS

ThibaultS Bit poster

6. alev

alev Parallels Team

That would be a feature request for Parallels Toolbox. Moved to the proper forum.

7. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Parallels Toolbox 4.0 now includes Window Manager tool!
    Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.34.08 AM.png

8. IanL2

IanL2 Bit poster

I'm finding that I have to select one of the window location icons twice to position a window. The first click seems to set the window size, and the second moves the window to the correct location. Dragging a window to the active zones doesn't seem to work at all - the window doesn't re-size and doesn't locate to the required position. The same behaviours happen on both internal and external display.

9. IanL2

IanL2 Bit poster

In looking at this further, I've found that it seems to be application dependent. Apple Mail and Calendar just won't resize properly when dragging to the active zones. Other Apple software, such as Reminders, Messages, Contacts seem to behave properly as does Microsoft Office, Edge, and Teams. This seems to be an improvement on what I was seeing, so maybe there has been some enhancement?

10. MatthewC25

MatthewC25 Bit poster

Can you add an option to move the window to another monitor, like a shortcut when the window is selected you can push and it will move from one monitor to another. I would find that extremely helpful, especially for work where I constantly use dual monitors. All the rest of the Window Manager tool is fantastic. Very responsive.