Imported Bootcamp Goes Straight to Recovery

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DarrenH3, May 6, 2020.

1. DarrenH3

DarrenH3 Bit poster

I accidentally posted this in the Paralles forum :oops: so apologies for the duplicate post:

Hi,

I am using an iMac on Catalina (10.15.4) with Parallels Pro 15.1.4 (47270).

On this machine I have a Boot Camp Windows 10 partition that works (and still works) fine by both directly rebooting to it and accessing it through Parallels.

As I no longer need to run this as Boot Camp I decided to import into Parallels, which took about 30 seconds. When I start up the new VM it goes straight to Windows Recovery (attached) and I hit "Enter" to try again and again it gives a Recovery screen but with a slightly different error message (also attached).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't help thinking something went wrong during the import as according to Parallels UI the new VM is only taking up 170MB of space and the import of a Boot Camp partition with about 90GB used on a 256GB partition took seconds...!

Please advise.

2. GowthamR@Parallels

GowthamR@Parallels Member

@DarrenH3 Hi, Please try to change the virtual hard disk type from NVEM to IDE 1:0 and check whether its working fine( on virtual machine configuration > Hardware > Hard disk > Advanced > change it to IDE 1:0).

3. keitam

keitam Bit poster

Hi. I have a same problem and I tried what you suggested. But it didn't work fine.
    Do you have other advices?