Paralles Toolbox for macOS - is it installed or not?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ChristophK2, Jul 26, 2020.

1. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

When I look at the dropdown menu of Parallels Desktop I see a menu item "Parallels Toolbox für Mac installieren..."

Does that mean that it isn't installed? I remember I installed it (several times).

2. Hi ChristophK2. Parallels Toolbox is different from Parallels Tools. Please let us know whether you have installed Parallels Tools inside the VM or the Parallels Toolbox on the host Mac.

3. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

I'm referring to "Parallels Toolbox for Mac", which I have in stalled - there is this little toolbox icon in the upper menubar in the right section.

My question: why there is the menu item still as an option. It should either be greyed out or be named "reinstall" of have a check sign or somethimng that isn't misleading.

4. Hello, could you please share a screenshots of the menu items option?

5. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

This is the screenshot:

Attached Files:

6. Thank you for the provided information. Could you please clarify t would you like to change.

7. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

When the "Parallels Toolbox for Mac" is installed, like indicated in the upper right menubar:
    upload_2020-7-31_8-22-33.png ,
    then the menu item should reflect this. Either that it is checked, or is named "reinstall".

8. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

BTW, at the moment I don't know, how it comes, the menu item "Parallels Toolbox for Mac" is greyed out, actually what I would expect.

9. Just one questions: did you reinstall your Mac before founding this changes?