macOS Big Sur and Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by IvanD@Parallels, Jun 22, 2020.

1. MikeF8

MikeF8 Bit poster

Thanks for the solution at this this allows a person to open parallels when you're running under Catalina. Shape on Parallels Development they have done lots of nothing since the first Catalina beta was released we are now down to several rounds. I really had hopes they were a bit better than VmWare but they seem to be just as bad and slow.

2. Alpha7

Alpha7 Junior Member

So, how can I get the invitation email too?

3. Alpha7

Alpha7 Junior Member

Big Sur beta 4 is out, has anyone tried a clear installation of the new OS and PD?

LeeR6 likes this.
  4. LeeR6

LeeR6 Member

I am downloading Beta 4 right now and then I will go for the install.

5. Alpha7

Alpha7 Junior Member

Expect to your test report :)

btw, I have tried the above "automator" solution for PD 15@Big Sur, but the OS said "can not open MY-AUTOMATOR-OPEN-PD.app" when I executed the created automator app. By contrast, the same script can be executed correctly inside automator IDE.

6. LeeR6

LeeR6 Member

Open a support ticket. I opened one and got an email stating that those responsible for the beta will email me if they decide to allow me into the program. Awaiting the next email.
    I am dead in the water, but at least NOW both the download and the App Store version are being more honest with me. It is telling me that my HARDWARE is incompatible. Rightly so as I am using the new A12X CPU from Apple. I clearly saw in Apple's demo of running Linux, that Parallels was running on the A12X chip.

People on this thread have Intel processors but using Big Sur Beta so they will have a better chance.

I am really hoping I get the email regarding becoming a beta tester.

7. Alpha7

Alpha7 Junior Member

Maybe PD@Silicon is a private version just for apple by now :)
    For PD 16 beta, the responded engineer of my support ticket told me that he had no more details about it .....

8. toonetown

toonetown Member

With beta 4, I no longer get crashes when clicking on the menubar items.

9. FrederikG

FrederikG Junior Member

Necessary to Boot By Script like in Beta 3?

10. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

I still have to use the Parallels Launcher script.

11. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

Well, it launched with the script, but it crashes after entering my PIN.

12. Alpha7

Alpha7 Junior Member

Updated from Catalina to Big Sur B4, e xPD 15.1.4 works well with manual launcher script by now.

13. PeterS3

PeterS3 Junior Member

How to get rid of the "Restart your Mac to finish your setup" loop on Beta4 ?
    Unfortunately no chance to get it working, neither a fresh install nor from a catalina migration ?
    Security settings are ok btw

Any hints ?

14. Alpha7

Alpha7 Junior Member

upload_2020-8-6_19-27-47.png
    "new version" still remains 15.1.4.......

Attached Files:

15. OAW

OAW Junior Member

@Alpha7 Did you have to do something to gain access to PD 16? I'm not seeing it when I check for updates.

16. Alpha7

Alpha7 Junior Member

After clicking the "upgrade to new version", it is redirected to a PD 15 download webpage. Seems that PD 16 is coming, but not really ready.

17. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

Interesting..., I just checked my account and other than seeing that my subscriptions are coming up for renewal, nothing about 16.

18. Alpha7

Alpha7 Junior Member

Nothing else, except for I created a support ticket to request the 16 beta test but denied.

19. PeterS3

PeterS3 Junior Member

hi, wondering if someone was able to fresh install PD15 on beta4 w/o running into the "reboot to finish blabla" loop ?

20. AlexandreA3

AlexandreA3 Bit poster

ShkolaI likes this.