Colour Management

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JamesMcDowell, Sep 21, 2019.

1. JamesMcDowell

JamesMcDowell Member

With Parallels 15 I am unable to adjust any of the colour profile settings in either Win 10 or Win 7. I can access the profiles, I can also access the Windows Calibration app, but at no point does making any changes make any difference in the display.

Example is that I open the Calibration app and get to the screen to adjust the gamma (first adjustment.) The slider has no effect whatsoever. I can select a bunch of different profiles that I have created, but it's clear that they are having no effect, though it does look in the dialog box like they are loading.

This is the same result in all video modes, Full Screen, Windowed, Coherence.

I'm guessing that his is a result of changes to the Parallels graphics driver. Is there a fix for this? The one application that I need to run along side my Mac applications is a database of photographs. With the colours not displaying correctly the whole procedure is becoming a failure.

2. EmmaD1

EmmaD1 Bit poster

Hello there i have got exactly the same question... Any luck on a answer or solution yet?

3. Could you collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

4. Andrew40

Andrew40 Bit poster

Same issue over here. Any news on how to fix?

5. Hi, we didn't receive any tech data from other users... Could you please share a bit more info about the issue with us and also collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?
    Looking forward to your reply.

6. WolfgangB11

WolfgangB11 Bit poster

I have the same problem.
    Colours in Windows are different. So I made a new profile with Spyder5 and Spyder shows me at the end of the calibration the difference between original and calibrated colours and creates a new profile. But Win10 doesn't change the colours although I choose the new profile as standard in the preferences.
    I use a iMac 27 from 2019.
    The reports-ID is: P Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-10 um 12.40.31.jpg 346818780

7. WolfgangB11

WolfgangB11 Bit poster

I send the report-ID 346818780 once more

8. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

There are two parts to this:
    First Windows 10 itself, does not apply colour profile management to it's own colours. It only applies to applications that support such management.
    However I had exactly the same problem. I was adjusting the profile, then loading images in a colour managed display program, and the management was not working.
    I'm now using the 'beta' Parallels 16, which does fix this issue.
    Refer Parallels support to ticket ID 2749347

9. WolfgangB11

WolfgangB11 Bit poster

Thanks for your reply Roger, you have helped me a lot!