Can't find "#" key

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MarianaC2, Aug 6, 2020.

1. MarianaC2

MarianaC2 Bit poster

Hi,

this may be a really silly question but I recently changed my windows password (via our online server) and the new password includes # key.

When I try to log in I can't find this key on the keyboard, usually to insert # in the mac I have to click Option + 3, but this doesn't work on the PC side. I don't know how to insert it.

Any help

thanks.

2. OutdoorB

OutdoorB Bit poster

Hi Mariana,
    Have you found any solution? I am also having a similar issue - I thought that I had successfully migrated from Mac to Windows but having trouble logging into my dashboard. I have # in the password and troubling to log in.
    Please advise if you have found a solution.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2020
  3. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi have you tried to add it to your windows profile under Parallels desktop Preferences
    Parallels Destiop (parallels selected but no vm on)>preferences>sign in under administrator (if you are not currently working as such) > shortcuts> Select the VM you you wish to add the # sign to> unlock so you can make changes>select the + sign> the pop-up box or adding short cuts will appear.> make your selections> select OK> close clock. You should now be able to use the # sign in windows.
    Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 10.21.43 AM.png

4. kat

kat Product Expert

You can also add it to the Keyboard menu in general which should add it to all vm's

5. NoraH

NoraH Bit poster

I used to copy and paste it before I figure it out how to put it:D