Leopard/Parallels/Coherence/Spaces issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by OwenA, Oct 29, 2007.

1. OwenA

OwenA Bit poster

Hi folks,

Just to let you know, it seems that Leopard and 5160 does like Coherence + spaces. The Desktop with Parallels on it suffers form a disappearing task bar. Also, when you do see the Task bar often documents will not appear on screen, as though they are minimised when they are not. There is also a great deal of lag in dealing with any Windows window.

I am using:
    Parallels 5160
    XP sp2 vm
    The progs in question were the system and Office 07 (Word, Excel and OUtlook)

On a MacBookPro, 2.33/2gb RAM with 768 for Parallels

Am sure you will sort it soon, just disabled spaces for now and it all works fine.

Cheers.

2. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

Our QA Team is currently investigating these reported problems and trying to fix them.
    We'll update you on the situation when the bug will be confirmed and any updates/workarounds will be available.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

3. OwenA

OwenA Bit poster

Thanks Alicia, bound to be bugs at this stage and you guys have the fastest response of a dev team I've seen.

On the other hand i hope this does get fixed as i suspect a lot of people like me were looking forward to coherence+spaces. If you need more details and me to replicate it etc let me know.

4. pcorchary

pcorchary Junior Member

I'm sure everyone has a different idea of what they'd like to see from Parallels and Spaces, but personally, I'd like to be able to pin one full-screen Parallels instance, or one Coherence Parallels instance to one 'Space' and be able to switch from other 'spaces' with mac apps, over to the one 'space' with Windows Apps. I do this in Ubuntu with VirtualBox and it suits my work-needs well.

Other than this, the last full release, and the current beta both seems to be OK on my original 2Ghz MacBook with 2GB ram. Anything you can do to hook into the improved performance in Leopard - presumably it has a lot to do with 64bit code - would be awesome.

Thank ... please keep us updated.
    philc

5. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

there's Known Issues and Workarounds for PD with Leopard thread where you can report all the Parallels-Leopard bugs you experience and check for some known issues.
    We're trying to fix all them as soon as possible anyway :)

Best regards,
    Alicia.

6. OwenA

OwenA Bit poster

So is this one of the fixes mentioned in the 5570 beta? am wondering whether to try the beta or stay with the main release.

7. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

OwenA, try the beta of you don't have any critical tasks that requires Parallels work, just to make sure :)

Best regards,
    Alicia.

8. hiteshattri

hiteshattri Bit poster

What is the update on these issues? Have these been fixed?

Thanks,
    Hitesh