Unable to Record Audio using Record Screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Shiwan, Feb 12, 2019.

1. NicholasJ6

NicholasJ6 Bit poster

I'm having this same issue trying to record a Webex video with Parallels toolbox Record Window on Mac. I use Airpods to listen. What is this "Loopback Device" everyone talks of? I don't have it in my audio system preferences.

2. NicholasJ6

NicholasJ6 Bit poster

I want to record the audio through computer but still listen through my airpods. When I choose computer as record audio from I can't hear through my airpods when the video is playing in realtime. Also, If I select record audio from "computer + default microphone" then I can't listen through the Airpods. Is there an option to record audio from "Computer + Airpods/Headphones" ?

3. KirillBagrinovskiiy

KirillBagrinovskiiy Parallels Developers

Hello, can you try to change default microphone in System Preferences to Internal Mic or another (not AirPods), and try again record audio using "Computer + Default Microphone"?

4. ValdirC

ValdirC Bit poster

Hi! I've tryed to record a meeting at ZOOM program by using only computer audio, but I got only the video and no audio! How can I solve this issue? I'm using Mac OS Big Sur.

5. Duplic8tor

Duplic8tor Bit poster

thanks to Parallels for NOT fixing this issue. I've had this issue for months and it is the only application I use in the toolbox. I've used it for several years to record things on my screen, including the audio and video. Now, this parallels loopback is trashing the usefulness of the app. How about giving me my money back!

6. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings,
    To let us proceed with an investigation, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    Then copy 9-digit ID of the report and provide it in a reply message.
    We will be waiting for your reply.

7. DougB11

DougB11 Bit poster

I am using Parallel Toolbox for Mac. I am able to record audio from Computer using Record Screen with Parallels Loopback enabled under Input and Output settings however the Parallels Loopback Output no longer allows me to listen to audio while it is being recorded. If I change the output setting to headphones I can hear the audio but it will not record the audio. Nothing is muted. Previously, I could listen to the audio output while recording in Parallels Loopback mode. How do I resolve this?

8. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings,
    To let us proceed with an investigation, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    We will be waiting for your reply.

9. yasip

yasip Bit poster

Try to uninstall the Parallel Toolbox f and then install again. and restart your computer. in general it works for the app and sofwtware frases..

10. KristofG1

KristofG1 Bit poster

Parallel Toolbox for Windows throws error that is cannot merge audio and video file. It never worked, reinstalled and tried on different computers (even brand new fully patched one's Win 10 & Win 11). This features has NEVER worked on windows

11. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings,
    To proceed with investigation, kindly collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    While report is gathering, you can paste the link in the issue description so we could test it locally.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.