Remote desktop connection to Parallels v16 Windows 10 guest

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MikeR., Aug 29, 2020.

1. MikeR.

MikeR. Junior Member

I've just upgraded to v16 (48916) and noticed something. When I open a remote desktop connection to a Windows 10 guest the display (remote desktop window) becomes garbled, and impossible to use (it looks like negative colors, and random boxes appearing when the screen tries to update)

This happens with remote connections started from both the Mac and Windows remote desktop software, and seems to impact all of the VMs on both of my installs of v16.
    Is anyone else having this problem, and if so are there any fixes? I've tried setting different scaling options on the guest side, and it doesn't seem to change anything.

[​IMG]

2. ArmstrongC

ArmstrongC Bit poster

Same problem with Remote Desktop connection from Windows and Mac. No improvement upon reducing the colour depth in connection.

3. MikeR.

MikeR. Junior Member

Here is a temporary workaround, at least until this gets patched.

If you set a boot flag for video.metal=0 the problem goes away (at the expense of a lot of video performance!) this at least makes my "remote access" VM (which only gets used by remote desktop!) useable again.

4. Hello,
    please add the following Boot flag
    video.metal=0
    and check the issue.

5. MikeR.

MikeR. Junior Member

As noted earlier in the thread that does temporarily resolve the issue, thanks for checking in!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. Thanks a lot for your cooperation. We will update you once the resolution will be available.

7. MikeR.

MikeR. Junior Member

It looks like its fixed in 16.0.1, I'll keep testing today!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  8. Hello guys, Graphical artifacts issue has been resolved in the newest Parallels Desktop version 16.0.1.
    Please update your Parallels Desktop to the latest build and check the issue.

Share your results with us please.