Parallells suddenly incredibly slow [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MaxA3, Sep 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MaxA3

MaxA3 Bit poster

I think the title here is putting it nicely. It used to take med 30 - 40 seconds to start parallels, login to windows, open Visual Studio, open a project and start working. Now? Well, it takes me a full minute to even login to windows. After starting Visual Studio it takes 30 SECONDS before the startup logo even appears and another 3 - 4 minutes before I have a project up and running. I've tried reinstalling Toolbox but it did nothing. Also tried restarting Parallels as well as my MacBook Pro, still nothing. I use Parallels on a daily basis for studies and this has rendered it useless for me. I don't know if you've done some weird update but whatever it is please fix it. This is NOT what I paid for. It worked just fine when I gave you my money.....

2. MaxA3

MaxA3 Bit poster

I solved the issue. I'm gonna say how so that someone with a similar issue might be able to fix it as well. I have a MacBook Pro 2020 and apparently sometimes they can start running really slow when the adapter is not plugged in. This has not been an issue before and only parallels was running slow so I thought that was the issue. If Parallels is slow on you MacBook Pro, try this:

1. Make sure your adapter is NOT plugged into your computer and shut it down, but don't close it.
    2. After shutting down your MacBook wait approximately 60 seconds before plugging in the adapter.
    3. This should automatically start you MacBook and it is now fixed.

This for some reason made it go back to normal, after this it took me under a minute to launch parallels, start windows, login, open VS and open a project while having the MacBook run on battery power. Hope it helps.

3. micdim

micdim Junior Member

I have the same thing happening to me, but on my MacPro 5,1 2012 with Mojave 10.14.6. All of a sudden Windows takes a long to time to startup and shutdown. Every time I shut it down it says Windows 10 Stopping? It used to be much faster. Anyway still great program

4. JamesC78

JamesC78 Bit poster

My Macbook circa 2018 has now become unuseable running Alibre using Parallels. Its between slow and completely frozen. Dang.

5. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate this issue, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thank you.

6. JamesC78

JamesC78 Bit poster

Thanks anyway. I've looked at the cost of maintaining Parallels..about $100 a year now...it'll be cheaper to just buy a decent Windows machine for $400 or so and just stop using Parallels. It'll also stop the problem of Apple updating their system where I then need to update Parallels, etc. Best Regards, Jim