1. Cory.warren07@gmail.com

Cory.warren07@gmail.com Bit poster

I have no sound at all when I run Parallels from the XP side of my virtual computer. Anyone have any ideas? I've downloaded a new version of Media Player and tried to get sound from the internet/games but nothing is working.

2. WesGaige

WesGaige Junior Member

Having same problem, but with Vista.

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

How is your sound adapter set in the config file?

4. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

check the Sound tab in your VM's Configuration Editor - is everything neccessary enabled?

Best regards,
    Alicia.

5. Derek Whitfield

Derek Whitfield Junior Member

Same here. I have checked all settings and all looks right-devices used, drivers, volume levels, mute, no conflicts in Dev Man...

What gives?

6. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

Derek Whitfield, please, try to update your Parallels build. You can download build 5582 here.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

7. ollielogic

ollielogic Bit poster

Hello,

You may need to verify under XP device manager that you are using the Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller. I had a similar issue when I copied a XP image from my PC using transporter

I found what worked is by disabling the audio in Parallels and launching the VM and remove any audio divers.

Shutdown the VM and re-enable the audio drivers and launch the VM. When XP starts up it should find new hardware and select the Intel audio drivers. After that you should be able to get audio.

Hope this helps.

Oliver

8. Derek Whitfield

Derek Whitfield Junior Member

No sound

Thanks, I'll give that a try.