Offer keyboard option to not flip command and control key.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AlecM1, Aug 24, 2020.

1. AlecM1

AlecM1 Bit poster

I already have control and command flipped in my macOS Keyboard preferences, and then Parallels flips my keys back. I don't want to use cmd+c/v/x key for copy-paste, I already use the control key. Can you offer an option to not flip the keys please. For now, I'll see if I can get Karabiner to flip the keyboard back only when I'm in Parallels. Microsofts RDM (remote desktop manager) does the same thing, and it's not convenient for those of use who have to work on Windows keyboards and work on multiple OS.

2. AlecM1

AlecM1 Bit poster

Best Answer
    For some reason. Parallels isn't flipping the keys so they work as I expect. I originally had to use Karabiner (now Karabiner Elements) with older versions of Parallels, and I was using that at the time. I removed Karabiner, and things seem to just work. So I think we can close this as not an issue.

3. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hi AlecM,

Can you please try to go to Parallels Preferences > Shortcuts and remove all the CMD+smth redirections.
    Does it work for you?

4. AlecM1

AlecM1 Bit poster

Best Answer
    For some reason. Parallels isn't flipping the keys so they work as I expect. I originally had to use Karabiner (now Karabiner Elements) with older versions of Parallels, and I was using that at the time. I removed Karabiner, and things seem to just work. So I think we can close this as not an issue.