Network Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StephenB13, Oct 6, 2018.

1. fuckroyal

fuckroyal Bit poster

I'm receiving the same error on MacBookPro15,4 (macOS Big Sur 20A5354i) with Parallels Desktop 16.0.0 48916. Technical report #348496634.

2. Thanks a lot for the provided information. We've forwarded it to the Engineering Team for the further investigation.

3. Samy3

Samy3 Bit poster

I have the same problem, did you find the solution???

4. Samy3

Samy3 Bit poster

Was the solution to the problem found?

5. Parallels Engineering Team are continually working on feature requests that are escalated from our Support Team; however do not share an ETA for an update until one is available. Once we get any updates we will contact you

6. BuchBay

BuchBay Bit poster

I've updated to Big Sur Beta 6, and the problem persists.

7. AmieH1

AmieH1 Bit poster

Hey all, I have this issue also :)

macOS Big Sur
    Version 11.0 Beta (20A5364e)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Posting so I hopefully hear about a solution :D

8. JesseH1

JesseH1 Bit poster

Same problem here, latest Big Sur Beta, build 20A5364e... Submitted report ID 349602612.

What's interesting is that the problem seems to be common to both the VMware Fusion Tech Preview and Parallels 16.0.1, so it's clearly something that's recently changed in Big Sur. I actually decided to give Parallels a try because I was having this problem in VMware -- although honestly I'm liking what I'm seeing in Parallels so far, so it might be time to make the switch... although it might come down to whoever gets this problem solved first :D:)

haraldm7 and BuchBay like this.
  9. Jon Drover

Jon Drover Bit poster

Same issue with Big Sur on Parallels 16.01 and VMWare Fusion Tech Preview.

10. Delux

Delux Bit poster

Same here

11. Guys,
    Parallels Engineering Team are currently working on the resolution. We will let you know once any update will be available.

JesseH1 likes this.
  12. JesseH1

JesseH1 Bit poster

Thanks for the update. FWIW, the problem still exists in macOS Big Sur beta 7 that was released today (build 20A5374g).

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  13. jazzamac

jazzamac Bit poster

Looks like it's to do with a change in Big Sur as the same type of issue is happening in VMWare Fusion.

14. RomainP1

RomainP1 Bit poster

It works with root user with Big Sur and Parallels 16
    It seems to be fixed in VMware 12

15. GeoffreyZ

GeoffreyZ Member

Could you please advise how to run Parallels Desktop 16 as a root user? And where you found a solution for VMware 12 (I've searched their forum and can't find anything there regarding a workaround for this issue).
    Thank you!

16. RomainP1

RomainP1 Bit poster

17. Hello, guys, as a workaround please run the following command in Terminal while Parallels Desktop was not started:

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist && sudo killall -9 configd

Please let us know the results.

JesseH1 likes this.
  18. PeterH44

PeterH44 Bit poster

Not working on 2 machines. Still no network.

19. RomainP1

RomainP1 Bit poster

No changes

20. Thank you for your replied guys, could you please collect the tech reports and post the report's ID here?