Coherence without Parallels Toolbox

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mcored, Sep 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mcored

mcored Junior Member

Hi,

https://kb.parallels.com/4670 says that:
    Note: To be able to use Coherence mode, Parallels Tools should be installed (see KB 115835).

It would be great to have Coherence built into Parallels Desktop without having to install Parallels Toolbox to get this feature.

2. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hi mcored,

Parallels Tools (not Toolbox) are installed inside virtual machines to provide integration features, including Copy/Paste or Coherence.

You don't need to have Parallels Toolbox installed on you Mac, this is a separate product, but it is included for free to Parallels Desktop users (3 months for the perpetual license and for the whole subscription duration for the subscription license)

3. mcored

mcored Junior Member

Hi alev
    Thanks for the advice, so what you are alluding at is that I could remove Parallel Toolbox in my macOS. I swear Coherence mode was not available to me when I did that. I will try again and report!
    Thanks,
    Michael

4. mcored

mcored Junior Member

Hi again alev
    Confirmed that removing Parallel Toolbox in macOS was fine. That was so weird what I experienced a week ago.
    All good and my apologies.
    Thanks,
    Michael