graphics artifacts in PowerPoint (Catalina/Win 10/Parallels 16)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JavierB2, Sep 14, 2020.

1. JavierB2

JavierB2 Junior Member

When using office 365 powerpoint I get weird graphic artifacts while presenting, everything is ok in edit mode.

This was an issue a couple of versions back with Direct X, it had been fixed but it returned.

2. Hello, are you using the latest Parallels Desktop 16 version (16.0.1)?

3. JavierB2

JavierB2 Junior Member

I tried it with 16.0.0 and 16.0.1, same results

4. Could you share with us a screenshot of the issue please?

5. JavierB2

JavierB2 Junior Member

Here is a screenshot in edit and in presentation mode Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 18.12.46.png Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 18.13.08.png

6. KiJ

KiJ Bit poster

I also have a similar issue that may be related. In the game 'Approaching Infinity' you can see a black background behind menu buttons and certain sprites. I do not have a Parallels 1.5 comparison, but this was not an issue before. Further, once you make it past the menu, certain portions of the game turns completely black, making it unplayable. I think Parallels 16 has an issue with confusing transparent graphics and turning them black instead.

Attached Files:

7. rodneyh2

rodneyh2 Bit poster

I have the exact same issue. Had it on both 16.0.0 and 16.0.1. Downgraded to 15.1.4, and everything works fine.

Please fix this. I found it when I was presenting to a group of peeps on Teams. It was rather embarrassing.