Parallels Tools for Kali Linux 2020.1

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cas, Jan 27, 2020.

1. emerge

emerge Bit poster

Same issue here.

2. TheN

TheN Junior Member

It makes no sense to pay money for this product. The support team is completely incompetent, they can only repeat "have you tried updating to the latest PD version"? over and over again. It's pretty sad and one of the few purchases I regret

3. Hello guys,
    We're happy to inform you that Parallels Desktop 16 is finally here.
    Please install, test and check the issue.

Share with us your results please and check this thread for more information.

4. PeriklisM

PeriklisM Bit poster

Do you really expect us to throw away another 50 euros just to test if our problem is resolved? I'll tell you what, I will purchase PD16 but if the problem persists I want a refund. How does this sound?

5. TheN

TheN Junior Member

Awesome solution to just ask for more money, 10/10

Mrc527 likes this.
  6. Mrc527

Mrc527 Bit poster

It works, now I've Parallels Tools installed.
    But now, after login, I get a white-only screen with no ability to see anything. Did you test it before publishing?

7. Chris13

Chris13 Bit poster

Same here white screen after login. Can not do anything else.

Mrc527 likes this.
  8. NathanW3

NathanW3 Bit poster

Can confirm exact same behavior after installing Parallels Tools - white-only screen with no ability to see or do anything after login.

9. Chris13

Chris13 Bit poster

Turned off 3d acceleration in for the graphics and the white screen issue went away.

Mrc527 likes this.
  10. Mrc527

Mrc527 Bit poster

Thanks, this is actually solving the issue!

11. Zora

Zora Bit poster

I have installed version 16, and reinstalled a fresh Kali 3x, manually attempted to install pt and always ends with error in log. I am not please that companies continue to release software without proper testing standards.

Has anyone been been able to get the version 16 on Mac 10.15.6 working with Kali 2020.2 working? If so you will save me a call attempting to secure a class action lawyer.

12. Zora

Zora Bit poster

It doesn't work. [ Error: printer-driver-postscript-hp See /var/log/paral......log ]

I have manually removed the printer-driver, reinstalled, tried allowing the installer to install and still can't get through the installer. This is quite notably the worst experience, despite my high hopes for parallels as my main hypervisor. Please fix this.

13. Zora

Zora Bit poster

UPDATE:
    • 4th time delete kali
    • reinstall Kali 2020.2
    • enabled printer sharing with default (this is what I think did it)
    • manual install of PT
    • Success
    Hope this saves someone else my pain.

14. Zora

Zora Bit poster

I forgot to add. During the manual install process apt suggested to install the following which I did, however have no input as to whether it had any affect.
    • apt install hplip

15. Hi, please collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here

16. SeanGibb

SeanGibb Bit poster

Just submitted a technical report #347468597. This is ridiculous I am thinking about not renewing my subscription in September if this continues with Kali 2020.2

17. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

The white-screen issue persists after upgrading to 16.0.1.

18. Hello, could you please provide us with the screenshot of the issue, a bit more detailed description and tech report data.
    Looking forward to your reply.

19. karlemilnikka

karlemilnikka Member

Done (see report 350282245).

20. Hello,
    please check your inbox for more information.