Still have issue: "Unable to connect USB device to virtual machine now..."

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Bertrand, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Bertrand

Bertrand Member

Hi,

I just got a new stylus tablet (HUION HS610) that I want to use both on MacOS and Windows.
    I want it to be automatically connected to the Windows10 VM when I launch it, but I get this well-known error message:
    "Unable to connect USB device to virtual machine now. Try to connect this USB device later."

There is a paper concerning this issue in the support database, but the proposed procedure is not relevant for this kind of device.

So, I don't know what to do. Is there a way?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

2. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@Bertrand Have you followed the steps in the article ? If not, please follow it and check if it resolves the issue.

3. ThomasT6

ThomasT6 Bit poster

I'm experiencing the same problem, and the above steps have been followed in the KB article.

I recently updated Parallels to 1.6.0/21086 (App Store Edition) and now I can no longer attach USB devices to any VMs. I've attempted to attach an iPhone and also a 3G/4G USB modem to my VMs and both fail. This was not a problem last week and I had been using both devices successfully with Parallels for over a year until the 1.6.0/21086 software release.

I've tested this on Windows guests and Linux guests and I get the same generic 'Unable to connect USB device...' error.

4. bob22

bob22 Bit poster

My "window" printer is not recongnized by Parallel Bootcamp but is recongnized in my regular Bootcamp.
    what can I do ?

Mon imprimante "window" ne fonctionne pas sur Parallel Bootcamp
    mais fonctionne sur Boot Camp régulier.

Que faire?

5. Hello,
    did you check this KB article?

6. bob22

bob22 Bit poster

I checked but my printer is a "window only" printer. So, the sharing is NOT a solution.

7. Did you install printer drivers on your VM?

8. bob22

bob22 Bit poster

How ?