Mac OS 10.15.7 and Download Audio - crashing!

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by MichaelR52, Sep 25, 2020.

1. MichaelR52

MichaelR52 Bit poster

Hi! Since updating to 10.15.7, Download Audio has started crashing each time I try to use it. The message that Apple is providing:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[NSNull _fastCStringContents:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fff863b4000'
    terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
    abort() called

I am getting crash code 350455245 if that helps.
    If anyone has an idea on how to fix this, please let me know! Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@MichaelR52 Please follow the steps in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

3. MichaelR52

MichaelR52 Bit poster

Thank you for your reply. I looked through my Mac for the equivalent code places mentioned in the Windows forum link you sent, and I did not see anything equivalent (I control-clicked to "show package contents" on both Parallels Toolbox and the Download Audio app).... could you "translate" the Windows fix for Mac users? Thank you!

4. MichaelR52

MichaelR52 Bit poster

hi! Have you found any solutions to the problem I asked about earlier? I had to ask... I use this app a lot, and it's frustrating to not have it work!!! Thanks for your time; peace!

5. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    we found a problem in Download Audio tool. The fix will be available in the nearest update. Thank you for reporting this issue and providing us with details.

6. MichaelR52

MichaelR52 Bit poster

Thank you, I am very pleased! Have a great day!

7. DarrelF

DarrelF Bit poster

Hi, does the problem you have identified also cause problems with downloading audio from YouTube?
    I get this pop up box each time (even after restarting my Mac, Parallels and Parallels Toolbox). See attached image.

Attached Files:

8. MichaelR52

MichaelR52 Bit poster

The update did not fix my problem either - I continue to get the message you describe DarrelF, "the service is not supported" - I no longer find the Download Audio as useful as it was.... very sad. Alas! Video DownloadHelper has a Firefox extension that works pretty good (but not as good as Download Audio used to) if you need an alternative. Good luck!

DarrelF likes this.
  9. DarrelF

DarrelF Bit poster

Thanks @MichaelR52 :)
    Hopefully the Parallels team will fix this on the next update. Perhaps the Parallels feature to silently adapt to the changes on websites like YouTube isn't working properly...