Mouse clicks stop working in guest OS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by billpatt, Apr 13, 2018.

1. EnricoA

EnricoA Bit poster

Just sent a technical issue:

2. EnricoA

EnricoA Bit poster

My mouse crashed again and I've lost ALL MY WORK. I've just spent hundreds of euros for a three years subscription. This is unacceptable.

3. padrino121

padrino121 Bit poster

Just jumped on the forums to research this exact issue.. Happens every few hours in my environment... Need to restart parallels to get it back.... Ubuntu 18.04 VM.

4. AlexanderY5

AlexanderY5 Bit poster

I'm also having the same issue on Parallels 15.1.4 with Windows 10 VM (host OS: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7)
    Mouse clicks are not registered periodically for 5-15 seconds. Keyboard works well during these freezes.
    BTW. I use only built-in MacBook trackpad

5. EnricoA

EnricoA Bit poster

SOLVED my way. Created a new VM and fresh installed Windows 10. I've spent hours collecting information and sending them to Parallels but what I got was "hey let's schedule a call". A call for what? A call for something I can't reproduce?

Anyway, fixed.

6. knick007

knick007 Bit poster

Hi Everyone,
    I am having issues with a similar problem. Like many people in the world at the moment, I have gotten into among us. This has meant reviving my parallels instance. I have done so, installed hours of windows updates except I can't play properly. My mouse seems to drop out constantly. I don't know if it is my devices (MX keys and MX master), if it is parallels or just a windows issue. Same with my usb headset but that is a whole other issue...

I've tried to set up my devices so they are separate from my Mac. On Mac, I connect via Bluetooth and on my VM via the unifying receiver. That means that the keyboard is configured with windows keys when I boot into my VM. Before I boot my VM I turn off bluetooth and use the laptop physical keyboard and mouse.

I am also using dual monitors. From what I can see, the mouse goes back to the "mac style" pointer when I go between screens to go to discord for example. I have tried the following steps from this forum

- Changing out of game mode in parallels sys prefs
    - unpairing/repairing my mouse
    - Trying to connect my mouse via bluetooth (this didn't work).
    If anyone has any suggestions I would be very keen to hear them.

7. KelvinI

KelvinI Bit poster

Parallels 18, Mac M1 Mini, Venture 13.2.1, vm = Ubuntu22.04. Periodically (typically at least once a day), at Ubuntu boot time, the mouse will disappear and I cannot login. Option-Alt restores the mouse but it disappears immediately on any click within the login screen. The only resolution appears to be doing Action | restart on the VM. Then, typically the mouse will be available and I can login. Once in the VM, the mouse and keyboard seem ok but I do see when the mac sleeps and I restore the VM, there is also a chance of losing the mouse and keyboard in the VM at that time as well.