Notify when the specified number of licenses is exceeded

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server Feature Suggestions' started by keitak1, Sep 25, 2020.

1. keitak1

keitak1 Bit poster

Hello.

I am using the latest version of Parallels RAS.

I'm using RAS Console> Farms> Settings> Notifications> License Events, but license utilization isn't notified to the administrator until it exceeds 90%, which is predefined in the program, and the user has an arbitrary threshold. Cannot be specified.

The system administrator takes great care not to exceed the license.
    It is desirable for the system to be able to limit the number of simultaneous connections, including all components such as RDSH, remote PC, VDI, etc.
    At the very least, I feel that I need the ability to set arbitrary thresholds for license events so that I can respond quickly when the number of connections increases.

The reason is that Japanese companies, not limited to software licenses, always prepare reports and obtain the approval of some managers when purchasing products. Therefore, it will take a considerable amount of time to purchase additional licenses.

The 90% threshold does not have enough time to purchase a license. I would be happy if I could choose from at least 50%.

I want you to be able to set any threshold instead of the predefined threshold.

2. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

Hi keitak,
    I see your problem, thanks for reporting it. I'll see what we can do. Current License Notification is about license status mostly and probably we need a new notification type that counts user sessions and allows to manually set a limit when to warn an administrator.

3. keitak1

keitak1 Bit poster

Hello, Eugene. K.

Thank you for your answer.
    I hope that new notifications will be implemented.

Thank you.

4. Christian Aquilina

Christian Aquilina Parallels Team

Hi, please note that license notifications (and also reports) can be sent automatically from Parallels My Account. Under products >active subscription choose the specific license and from the cogwheel (settings) > go to reports. Would this help?