Parallels desktop 11: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JoshuaC9, Sep 16, 2020.

1. JoshuaC9

JoshuaC9 Bit poster

Hi team,
    I am trying to move Parallels11 to the new Mac from broken old Mac.
    When I try and activate the new unit, I get the 'Unable to confirm the product licence' even though I have signed out of the old machine.
    Please reset my license (sign on old Mac).

2. Hello, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 11 license key. Please check the activation and let us know how does it work.

3. JoshuaC9

JoshuaC9 Bit poster

Actually, I have plan to buy a upgrade (because of new MACOS), so which way is better?
    1. Activate PD11 on my new Mac -> buy upgrade license -> install update PD16 -> activate upgrade license on new Mac
    OR
    2. Not activate PD11 on my new Mac -> buy upgrade license -> install update PD16 -> activate both license on new Mac
    Which way is better?

4. It's not necessary to activate your Parallels Desktop 11 on new Mac. It will be much better to install Parallels Desktop 16 and activate it with your Parallels Desktop 16 with new update key and Parallels Desktop 11 key as a confirmation one. For more information about Parallels Desktop activation please check this KB article.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

5. JoshuaC9

JoshuaC9 Bit poster

Thx. All fixed and done. ;)

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. DanielJ1

DanielJ1 Bit poster

Same Problem here. Please reset my license (sign on old Mac).

7. Hi DanielJ1. We have reset your license. Please try to activate now and it should work.

8. AlexanderW

AlexanderW Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    can you do this for me as well, please? I have run into the same exact problem as JoshuaC9 and DanielJ1.
    Thanks a lot!
    Best,
    Alexander

9. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have sent you a private message. Kindly help us with the license key over there which is giving your the limitation error.