Will Windows 10 ARM be able to run on ARM Mac via Parallels 16?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MTRabbit, Oct 22, 2020.

1. MTRabbit

MTRabbit Bit poster

As Apple will release their first Apple Silicon based Mac products next month, Apple has demonstrated running arm Arch Linux on the DTK using Parallels. I wonder whether Parallels and Microsoft will allow Windows 10 ARM running on new Macs?

2. Hello,
    Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) revealed many innovative developments, including a demo featuring a prototype of a forthcoming version of Parallels Desktop for Mac running on Mac with Apple Silicon.

Parallels is proud to be working closely with Apple during this exciting transition, and we're looking forward to launching support for future Macs with Apple Silicon. Please feel free to check this blog post for more details.

We look forward to sharing more information about Parallels Desktop's support for Mac with Apple Silicon in the future.

3. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

I posted a comment complaining about the lack of direction from Parallels on this issue as a comment on the Parallels blog posted today. It was civil but direct in how this is very poor given we are all trying to plan what we will do in 2021 - as I believe this post is civil. The comment was deleted, which seems to tell a story in the answer here. And if this comment is deleted as well, I will no longer be a subscriber to Parallels - that would indicate a company with a very poor view of the needs of its customers. I hope it isn't deleted, we should be able to state our concerns.