Shared folder permissions problems after Parallels 16 upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AndreiB2, Aug 24, 2020.

1. MarcelloR

MarcelloR Member

Yes, I have. I installed v. 16.0.0 but there was a problem with the Italian language (VM crashes) so I reverted to v. 15. Then I installed 16.0.1 (48919) and I had the problem about folder permissions, so I reverted once again to v. 15. Thanks.

2. DavidH80

DavidH80 Junior Member

Great news!

I have just installed the updated Version 16.1.0 (48950)

And can confirm that Visual Studio no longer complains when opening a project on a parallels share if not run as admin.
    I can also confirm that XCopy now works once again if copying subdirectories to a parallels share in an already existing folder.
    A number of other anomalies suspected to have been related to the underlying file system driver issue also appear to have been resolved by the fix.

MarcelloR likes this.
  3. MatthewH11

MatthewH11 Junior Member

I'm still getting the request to load my project under administrator permissions to use it in Version 16.0.1 (48919, pretty disappointing because this is a nuisance to fix after the downgrade.

4. MarcelloR

MarcelloR Member

@DavidH80, thank you for following up.
    I just downloaded the new version 48950 from My Account ('Check for updates ...' from Parallels still suggests build 48919) and I will install (and check) it on the evening, after a full backup of my VMs.

5. MatthewH11

MatthewH11 Junior Member

Thanks @MarcelloR, I didn't realise I was being served an out of date 16.0.1 from the auto-updater and pulled 16.1.0 manually as you did. The permissions problem seems to be resolved in 16.1.0 which is good news.

MarcelloR likes this.
  6. arifh

arifh Bit poster

so do I

7. MarcelloR

MarcelloR Member

Hello everybody.
    I can confirm that v. 16.1.0 (48950) is working fine also on my side. No more issues with Visual Studio and others file-system related troubles.

Thanks guys!

8. RexH2

RexH2 Bit poster

Yep! Working for me, too.
    Thank you for the quick resolution.