PD16 - Catalina host, Mojave VM - can't mount VM hard drive on host desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by allank, Oct 4, 2020.

1. allank

allank Junior Member

My iMac was running Mojave, with a few critical 32 bit apps. I bought and installed PD16, and installed a Mojave VM using Recovery. I then copied or reinstalled my critical 32 bit apps on the VM. I then upgraded the host to Catalina, and all is well, EXCEPT I can't access the VM hard drive from the host, I can only use the VM's shared folders to move documents to the host, no way to move in the other direction without using iCloud or dropbox. Even in coherence.

All of the online instructions I found talk about PD Mounter - doesn't exist in PD16 - or right-clicking the VM in the Control Center, Show in Finder, right click the pvm... nada.

Any ideas on how to do this?

2. Hello, do you mean you're unable to mount virtual machine hard drive to your Mac?

3. allank

allank Junior Member

I can mount the Mojave hard drive only on the Mojave desktop, but not on the Catalina desktop, even in Coherence mode.

4. LTL

LTL Bit poster

I have same problem, except High Sierra guest on High Sierra host. Cannot see/mount guest VM hard drive on host as I do with a Windows guest. Further, I don't see configuration for sharing guest resources as I do on Windows guests. Any hints/thoughts?

5. allank

allank Junior Member

I finally gave up. I managed to work around the very few 32 bit apps that I had, so I decided to scrap Parallels altogether. Unfortunately, the 30 day refund expired, so I don't get any money back.