Broken Dead Keys(~ and `)

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by S.V., Sep 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. S.V.

S.V. Member

[​IMG]

I am using Buster VM and PD 16. There is a problem with keyboard mapping from MAC to the VM. When I press ` I get \ .
    Take a look at the picture. When I press the key with the green arrow I get the key with the red arrow.
    Best.

2. S.V.

S.V. Member

3. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@S.V. Have it ever worked before? Please reinstall Parallels Tools by referring the article and check if it resolves the issue.

4. S.V.

S.V. Member

@kavyaM@Parallels I reinstalled Parallels Tools and I still have the same problem. I tested in two different computers and I have the same problem in both.

5. Giorgio2

Giorgio2 Bit poster

I have the same problem with an Italian Keyboard. All the VMs (Win10, Win XP, Ubuntu) have the same behavior. The keys switched are the same as the picture above (different symbols of course as in italian layout the buttons on the bottom left are <> and those on the upper left are \| ). Latest Version of Parallels, Parallels Desktop 16.0.1, Mac OS Catalina (but I have updated recently and I had the same problem in previous OSX version). The Keyboard is a Logitech G413 (if this matters). With Parallels 15 all was working fine.

6. S.V.

S.V. Member

I am still waiting for a solution.

7. Giorgio2

Giorgio2 Bit poster

For me it's fixed in the latest Parallels update 16.1.0 (48950)

8. S.V.

S.V. Member

I confirm that it is working now. However, I had to choose another configuration for my keyboard in the host OS (Mac OS X).

9. StevenJ5

StevenJ5 Bit poster

Same probleem with Belgian or French Keyboard on MacBook Air with Parallels 16.5.1

10. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @StevenJ5, Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/113932 and check. Thanks, Parallels Team.