Network Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StephenB13, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Hello guys, we would like to inform you that Parallels Desktop update 16.1.0 has been release recently.
    Please update your Parallels Desktop version to the latest build and check the issue.
    Please share any results with us.

2. EgieD

EgieD Bit poster

I'm happy to report that my network issue has been resolved. Thank you

3. Blondey

Blondey Bit poster

It works fine for me! Thank you very much!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. Thanks a lot for share this with us!
    We're glad to know that everything is working OK now.
    Please ping us here if you have any additional questions.

5. Andrew43

Andrew43 Bit poster

Hi, how to remove virtual machine from root folder? Any command? I used sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app and installed a virtual machine but now I want to remove it. I removed it in control center of the app but the space on my mac was not cleared. Thanks.

6. AyushS

AyushS Bit poster

I go the following message

objc[962]: Class OpenPanel is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPrlGui.3.dylib (0x1076a5888) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app (0x10688ebe8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil showloaded --bundle-identifier com.parallels.kext.netbridge --bundle-identifier com.parallels.kext.hypervisor --bundle-identifier com.parallels.kext.usbconnect --bundle-identifier com.parallels.kext.vnic --bundle-identifier com.parallels.kext.hidhook

No variant specified, falling back to release

7. IgorC1

IgorC1 Bit poster

Hello everyone.
    I faced the same problem on my macOS Big Sur and Parallels 16.1.0

I found solution for me:
    - go to Parallels Desktop Preferences
    - Network tab
    - remove all vagrant-vnet* interfaces (I stored only Shared network and Host-only)
    - try again `vagrant up`

I guess it will help you.

Maria@Parallels and RyanF5 like this.
  8. AhmedA15

AhmedA15 Bit poster

i am still having the message of "Network initialization failed" with version 16.0.1 despite using the code on terminal as advised

any help apart from updating parallels?

9. Andrew43

Andrew43 Bit poster

You can use sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app in terminal to launch parallels and install virtual machine in root direction. It works for me on 16.0.1.

10. RyanF5

RyanF5 Bit poster

I can't thank you enough for this suggestion!
    Had issues with all my VMs and this prevented me from being able to work since yesterday afternoon trying to fix this issue, following various advice online with no sign of success.
    Thought it was an issue with Parallels, and was just about to set up with VB until this was resolved, however this solved my issues so it wasn't necessarily an issue directly with Parallels.

Once again cheers for taking the time to post this suggestion!

11. LarenV

LarenV Bit poster

Thank you for helping me!!

12. NeillP1

NeillP1 Bit poster

Hi Everyone
    My situation is different again (and the same). I have the "Network Initialisation Failed" error. However when I log into W10 on parallels - I have no network or internet connectivity issues at all. It would be good to get rid of this popup, if anyone can let me know how - it would be appreciated. I am on Big Sur (11.0.1) and windows 10 (20H2 Build 19042.630) Parallels 16.0.1. I have done Maria's terminal command from #57 above

13. AbhijitD1

AbhijitD1 Bit poster

It seems with 16.1.0 the issue still persists. its over 5 days since Big Sur was released. When can we expect a fix for this issue?

14. Hello guys, please update your Parallels Desktop version to the latest build and check the issue.
    Please share your experiences with us.

15. AtomicSpace

AtomicSpace Bit poster

Still the same issue on Big Sure 11.0.1 (20B29) and PD 16.1.1 (49141)

Attached Files:

16. NeillP1

NeillP1 Bit poster

Ditto with me too :(
    Also PD 16.1.1 (49141) appears to be chronically slow accessing network drives and \\Mac\Home folders

17. Are you running your VM in shared network mode?

18. Hi,
    Are you using Shared network mode?
    Does the Bridged network mode work OK?

19. AtomicSpace

AtomicSpace Bit poster

Shared and Default modes are not working.

20. tomb18

tomb18 Bit poster

The network doesn't work, it appears the following message 'Network initialization failed' with Parallels 16.0.1 running on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. anyone can help me, please?