Connecting from home to Parallels RAS server published applications

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by AymenB, Nov 15, 2020.

1. AymenB

AymenB Bit poster

I have a customer would like to access the published applications from home. From local network, it works very well.
    I suggested to him to access them using company's public IP by doing port forwarding 80 and 443 for HTML5. Is that correct?
    But also he needs to access them using parallels client application. So what are the ports to open and to forward in the firewall?
    Please advise regarding the best procedure to access the published applications from home.
    PS: the customer doesn't want to use vpn connection.

2. Alexey Kutuzov

Alexey Kutuzov Parallels Team

Dear Aymen,
    1) Basically, you are right. Port 443 (default) is enough. You also can publish RAS Gateway on you FW for any port configured in HTML5 settings (443 is by default) with appropriate port forwarding.
    2) Additionally, I would recommend to use either a public certificate or enterprise CA-issued certificate on RAS Gateway (root CA certificate should be installed on the client device to avoid security warnings which usually confuse the end users).
    3) For the Parallels native OS clients you need to use "Connection mode" = Gateway SSL mode. It means all traffic goes via RAS Gateway and port 443 is an entry point.

3. AymenB

AymenB Bit poster

Thank you for the help