"Parallels Desktop cannot be started because some of the required components are missing from the op

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Steve18, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Steve18

Steve18 Bit poster

"Parallels Desktop cannot be started because some of the required components are missing from the operating system of your Mac."

So download the update, result it hangs,

Updated to Big Sur today,
    parallels stopped working, the above error,
    Tried to down load the 16 trial, it hangs, says it will take a minute to install, no joy
    Tried to update from 14 to 16, no joy,

I cannot update, and I cannot load, .. catch 22

2. Afshin

Afshin Bit poster

Same problem here. I have PD 14. I need it for my work. any resolve????

3. RayyanA

RayyanA Bit poster

I am facing the same issue here.
    I just updated my mac pro to macOS Big Sur Version 11.0.1, while I have Parallel desktop Version 14.1.3, and my parallel desktop stopped working it shows below error:
    " Parallels Desktop cannot be started because some of the required components are missing from the operating system of your Mac."

Please can someone help us to solve this issue I really need it urgently.

4. Hello, Parallels Desktop 14 doesn't compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur.
    Did you check this issue with the latest Parallels Desktop version? (you can do it during the trial period)

5. MattJ3

MattJ3 Junior Member

Is this official, Parallels 14 won't work with Big Sur? So is my only option to pay for a newer version?

6. Please check this KB article for more information about the Parallels Desktop and macOS compatibility.
    Parallels is a software company that focuses its resources on creating virtualization software to support both the Mac and Windows communities.
    Since Apple releases new operating systems every year, we have to keep our software up-to-date to be compatible with every new OS getting released annually.

This development is very resource-consuming and comes with costs, and unlike Apple (which sells a lot of hardware products and able to afford free-of-charge OS upgrade) it is not feasible for Parallels to offer no charge upgrades to the new versions of Parallels Desktop.