Red Lettering in Pinned/Recent Popup from Taskbar

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Richard3, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Richard3

Richard3 Member

This started after moving from my MacBook Pro 15 to MacBook Pro 16. My new MacBook Pro 16 has the same storage (1TB) but i9 and mid-level Graphics - so mucho better. I used Time Machine to migrate from old to new MacBook Pro.

The Red Lettering sometimes happens during the day, I have now notice it happens every morning when I wake up my MacBook Pro to start the day. I migrated Oct 21st and now it is Oct 27th. I have ~300GB free on my MacBook Pro and none of my Windows drives (I have C & D) are no more than 2/3 full.

I have also had problems going into Explorer where no locations (Folders / Devices / Network locations) are not showing (blank) and the Blue Bar search slowly moves from Left to Right. Generally I have to reboot to correct this. However, I can use the "Run" or shortcuts to get to any location directly. Two, maybe three times the Windows Guest more or less froze for a number of minutes.

None of the problems happened before on my Macbook Pro 15, they all started post migration. No Host or OS updates have happened since the Migration on Oct 21st. I haven't tweaked any Parallels Guest settings for my Windows Guest either (can't remember any time I have needed to).

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.572]
    macOS 10.15.7
    Parallels Desktop Standard 16.1.0 (48950)

Attached Files:

2. fpmalard

fpmalard Member

Hi,
    I'm experiencing the same strange RED texts in my Windows 10.
    It happens randomly into several Windows configuration dialogs.
    Sometimes texts even become boxes and the text is revealed only when you hover them with mouse pointer.
    See attached.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 17.47.44.jpg Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 17.47.18.jpg

3. Richard3

Richard3 Member

I can confirm I have seen those two problems too.

4. Richard3

Richard3 Member

so is this listed fix for this issue??
    Release Notes for 16.1.1-49141

*Resolves a rare issue with red overly on the Windows 10 Start menu.
    if so, was not so rare for me. But I guess time will tell if this is related to my thread here.

2020-11-18_08-15-16.jpg

5. Richard3

Richard3 Member

well this was scary and I cannot remember the last time my Windows VM has crashed like this (and I been using Parallels for 7~8 years)! I hope this is not something that will keep happening.

2020-11-18_08-57-47.jpg 2020-11-18_08-59-51.jpg