Unable to configure Windows XP VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Stephen E-H, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Stephen E-H

Stephen E-H Bit poster

My XP Pro Windows installation is freezing at mup.sys in the startup sequence. I am not able to modify the configuration of the VM to enable me to follow the instructions in the threads to repair the VM installation. This is due to the Parallels application shutting down after I have stopped or suspended the VM. It is a normal shut down of the application rather than a 'crash'. Is there a way of stopping this happening that I have missed? I have reinstalled Parallels, repaired disk permisions etc. to no avail.

MacBook 1.83Mhz, 2Gb RAM, Parallels latest build.

Many thanks, Stephen

PS> Excellent forum by the way. Helpful, comprehensive and informed.

2. charlieeck32

charlieeck32 Bit poster

Installing Leopard Windows Drivers on VM

I have been reading this site almost daily since the I installed Leopard the day after it's relaease. My machine has been fairly stable with the exception of the know disc mount error. I have not seen anything on the following issue though...maybe I missed it, but it doesn't show up when I search for it.

How do I install the Leopard drivers in Windows XP. I installed windows directly without using bootcamp, so I don't have the beta bootcamp drivers. The MAC drivers in Leopard don't seem to work...

In addition, are their any issues anyone has found on the beta version?

Thanks in Advance.

3. zmcnees

zmcnees Bit poster

I'm having an issue with shutting down as well. I'm running Windows XP using Parallels build 5582 and to edit your virtual mechine you need to stop it, right? Well, when I do stop it or shut down to get to the Parallels main screen (if there is one. I haven't seen one) is exits out of the program completely. I'm mainly using Parallels so I can run Windows games on my iMac and all I'm trying to do is change the setting in "Edit>Virtual Mechine" so I can switch the settings for DirectX.

Anyone know how to keep it from completely exitting out of the program when I shut down windows or click stop?

Thanks,
    Zeke.

4. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

zmcnees, while pressing the Command key, double-click the virtual machine's alias.
    Or while pressing the Command key, start Parallels Desktop from the Applications folder. If you have more then one virtual machines, select the virtual machine you need to launch in the Select virtual machine dialog and click the Select button.
    Thus you'll access Configuration Editor and edit anything. You can open Options tab->Booting and disable "Exit application on VM shutdown" as well if necessary.

Best regards,
    Alicia.