MacOS 11.0.1/Big Slur: Win10 System Interrupts with High CPU?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Richard3, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Richard3

Richard3 Member

I have updated to the release of MacOS 11.0.1/Big Slur and now my MacBook Pro 12 (2016) is getting hotter than heck and sounds like a jet engine. The cause seems to be System Interrupts taking a lot of Win10 CPU cycles. I am on Parallels 16, no updates are offered.

I have uninstalled Parallels Tools and reinstalled them, no help. I can reboot Win10 and sometimes it settles down but after a bit of them I go into a overheating again. Two things show High CPU in Activity Monitor, my Win10 VM and then "ncPrwsmac". When I shut down my Win10 VM, ncPrwsmac drops away along with the WinVM. Then my laptop stops feeling like it is on fire and the fans spin down.

I have a i9 8 Core CPU with 32GB of memory. I also have the mid level ATI card.

Attached Files:

2. Richard3

Richard3 Member

this continues to happen. Often is when I am updating (copy/replacing) software from my company. 1.8k files, 145 folders with a total size of around 3GBs. During this copy/replace the Mac started to get hotter/hotter and fan ramping up to full speed. Not until I rebooted my Win10VM did it settle down, matter of fact as soon as it went to booting up Win10 I could tell the heat difference.

Before I rebooted, in Win10 Task Manager Windows Interrupts were pegged 100%.

3. Richard3

Richard3 Member

okay, so here some more infor. When I run up my Linux the CPU usage goes nuts. I have Windows with 2 CPUs and Linux with 1. This did not happen before Big Sur/Parallels 16

Attached Files:

4. Richard3

Richard3 Member

forgot to post when just Windows.

Attached Files:

• win.jpg
      win.jpg
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
  5. KarlH11

KarlH11 Bit poster

Me too!
    Seems to me activity comes down after killing ncPrwsmac.

6. Richard3

Richard3 Member

I did not try killing "ncPrwsmac" ... was a bit afraid to try that.

7. KarlH11

KarlH11 Bit poster

I think this process belongs to lancom VPN. For me it was very successful.